I had the incredible pleasure (and surprise) of being nominated twice for a Liebster Award, by the lovely KiriLeight from kirileigh.blogspot.de and by R's la mode rslamode.blogspot.com.au. I had seen it on some other blogs but I didn't really know what it was about, until KiriLeight and R's la mode nominated me...! This award goes to new bloggers with less than 200 subscribers; I think the concept is pretty smart (and exciting)!
Here are the rules:
1. Appreciate the one who nominated you by linking back and following their blog.
2. Nominate 11 blogs with less than 200 followers and let the nominees know they are nominated by leaving a comment on their blog
3. Answer the 11 questions that the person that tagged you asked (check their blog to see what they asked)
4. Ask the blogs that you picked 11 new questions
As I got nominated by two blogs, I will answer both their sets of questions!
Here are the questions from KiriLeight:
1. Why do you blog?
I started blogging because I had just moved to Australia and I was
really bored. I have always loved writing and it is my mum who first introduced me to the world of fashion, which I now adore! I love to have a window to the world and be able to share my opinions on everything!
2. What is your go to fashion item?
My little vintage boots, that were my mum's when she was young. They rock everything up, and give an edge to every boring outfit!
3. Who is your fashion icon?
Olivia Palermo gets everything right, Isabella from viewsofnow.com has such a lovely style, which is quite close to mine and Jane Aldrige from seaofshoes.com!
4. Do you have a favorite fashion collection of all time? If so which?
Christian Dior Fall 2012 is the definition of femininity and elegance, I love it!
5. What is your favorite fashion time period (The 80's, The Jazz Age, etc.)?
The fifties, definitely!
6. Do think your style is bold or classic?
A bit of both; my style is sort of undefined, it changes a lot!
7. What influences your style?
My 'frenchness' (if i may say), blogs, magazines, people on the street but I mainly buy what I like and feel good in!
8. Are you more excited for A/W '13 or the soon to be S/S '14?
S/S '14 because we don't really have proper winters here in Australia...
9. What is your go to clothing store?
10. If you had the chance who would you do a collaboration with in the fashion industry?
Dior, but that would probably be in my dreams... Otherwise little brands like Faith&Lola and Casper&Pearl.
11. What fashion trend are you ready to wear this fall?
Leather -skirts and pants- and layering pieces!
R's la mode's questions:
1: For what purpose did you start your blog?
Just answered this in KiriLeight's first question!
2: What's the best thing for you in blogging?
Having the opportunity to talk to other bloggers, and just writing about my life and my experiences!
3: What is your biggest dream?
To study at Colombia University (in New York) or in LA and become an actress!
4: Describe your style in three words.
Simple. Unique. Sophisticated.
5: Which stores do you prefer?
Op-shops (no jokes!), Princess Polly -even if it's a rip-off-, and stores that have sales!
6: Who is your icon and why?
(Look at Q.3 of KiriLeight's for style icons) My 'life' icon would be Jennifer Lawrence, I just adore her!
7: What is your most worn piece of your closet?
My vintage 'snake' boots, which were my mum's when she was young!
8: What are your favourite brands and shops?
I love Valentino and Dior, they just embrace all my fashion values, if you know what i mean... And I sort of shop wherever I think I can find cute stuff!
9: Which is your favourite outfit so far?
I like to dress simply but still make a statement!
10: What does inspire you in the mornings when you dress up?
What the weather is and what I feel like wearing!
11: Does your mood have effect on your outfits?
Not really, because even when I feel depressed I still dress like I'm about to go to Fashion Week!
THE BLOGS I NOMINATE:
- Lost But Not Found
- Views of Now
- Really Literal
- The Peach Blossom
- Passion 4 Fashion
- iEmma Fashion
- Style & Shades
- Can you pass the glitter
- Radiate Fashion
MY QUESTIONS FOR THEM:
- What has blogging brought you?
- How did you come up with your blog name?
- Describe your style in 3 words.
- Who is your style icon, what do you like about his/ her style?
- If you could be anyone for a day who would it be?
- Less is more, or more is less?
- What is your most worn piece of clothing?
- What was one of your worst fashion faux-pas (mistakes)?
- Do you have any favourite bloggers?
- What are you going to do after finishing school and what is your dream job?
- How did you discover the world of fashion blogging?